At Goodrich Optical, we strive to achieve a safe, clean environment for all patients and staff. To help us reach or exceed that goal, we have adopted the following guidelines:
ADDITIONAL PEOPLE IN THE EXAM OR TESTING AREAS
– Due to its small size and darkened environment, we ask that only the scheduled patient enter the exam room or testing areas. This allows our eye care team to focus on the patient and provide the personalized care you’ve come to expect from Goodrich Optical.
– All non-patients are asked to use the waiting room. A chair has been placed outside the exam room door, for ONE additional person, if close proximity is required.
– As a courtesy to other patients and our office team, please, step outside to make or take a phone call. Turn off or silence your cell phones while they are in the office.
INFANTS AND CHILDREN
– For the care and safety of you and our eye care team, Children are not allowed to accompany a parent or caretaker into the exam room or testing areas at any time.
– You MAY NOT leave your child unattended while you get your eyes examined.
PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN REQUIREMENT
– Minor patients are required to have a Parent or Legal Guardian at all appointments.
– A Step-parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt, or uncle is NOT a legal guardian. A signed release from a Parent or Legal Guardian (Which we can supply) is required. Anyone accompanying a minor must be 18 years of age. Court-appointed guardians must supply court-issued paperwork before the first appointment.
– Goodrich Optical specializes in caring for those with special needs. Please contact us prior to your appointment if unique accommodations are needed. We will do our best to make your experience a pleasant one.
– Patients with special needs may be accompanied by one caretaker while in the exam room or testing areas, as needed.
– Photo identification is required. A driver’s license, passport or another form of government-issued identification are all acceptable forms of photo identification.
– Photo identification must be current.
– Original photo identification must be present- photocopies, faxed copies and/or electronic copies are not allowed.
– Please understand the nature of an eye care practice includes emergencies that can alter our schedule. We will inform you of a wait upon your arrival.
– Please extend a courtesy to these families, just as you would expect if it were you needing to be seen emergently.