Goodrich Optical strives to achieve a clean and safe environment for all our patients and staff. In order to reach and exceed our high standards of cleanliness and safety, we have adopted the following guidelines:
– As a courtesy to other patients and our office team, we ask that patients turn off or silence their cell phones while they are in the waiting area or exam rooms.
INFANTS AND SMALL CHILDREN
– For the safety and well-being of y oung children and our eye care team, we do not allow infants or toddlers to accompany a parent or caretaker into the exam room or testing areas.
ALL CHILDREN MUST WAIT IN THE WAITING AREA
— Children ages 11 and under are REQUIRED to have adult supervision AT ALL TIMES while in the waiting area.
— are required at ALL appointments. Step-parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, and uncles are NOT legal guardians and therefore may not accompany a minor patient without a signed release from a legal guardian (Which we can supply). Anyone accompanying a minor must be 18 years of age. Court-appointed guardians must supply court-issued paperwork before the first appointment.
We ask that all others wait in the waiting area.
– Goodrich Optical specializes in caring for the needs of those with special needs. Please contact us to make arrangements to accommodate your needs, and we will do our best to make your experience a pleasant one. Patients with special needs may be accompanied by one caretaker while in the exam room or testing areas as needed.
– Photo identification is required. A driver’s license, passport or another form of government-issued identification, are all acceptable forms of photo identification. Photo identification must be current. Original photo identification must be presented- photocopies, faxed copies and/or electronic copies are not allowed.
UNSCHEDULED PATIENTS IN THE EXAM OR TESTING AREAS
– Due to its small size and darkened environment, in order to provide the personalized care you’ve come to expect from Goodrich Optical, we ask that only the scheduled patient enter the exam room or testing areas. This allows our eye care team to focus on the patient and maintain a safe and clean environment.
Please understand that the nature of an Optometric practice includes emergencies that can alter our schedule. We will inform you of a wait upon your arrival. Please extend a courtesy to these families, just as you would expect, if it were you being seen emergently.